Prepare appraisal reports competently and in a manner that is independent, impartial, and objective for a variety of property types. The appraiser’s work product should comply with USAP, client and BRI standards. The appraiser to address comments from internal and external review appraisers regarding their work product in a timely manner. Appraisers can also be involved in the training of other appraisers, both internal and external appraisal review, and manage a client base.
- Manages a diverse workload of appraisal assignments which includes:
- Multiple appraisals of various property types and locations.
- Communicates with the Appraisal Manager regarding appraisal progress.
- Communicates with appraisers on their team and other divisions of the company regarding valuation issues.
- Exercises sound judgment (including appropriate handling of sensitive information) particularly in dealing with the public and firms which have business with Bender Rosenthal, Inc.
- Tracks deadlines associated with their own appraisal assignments and ensure s that assignments are completed on time, with a sense of urgency and within budget.
- Competently and accurately reviews other appraisers' work for certain property types.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be proficient in basic computer use (Microsoft Office, including Excel, Access and SharePoint).
- Flexible and adaptable to a fluid, changing, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
- Performs well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong time management skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-through.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to maintain professionalism while communicating with difficult situations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university is required.
- California Certified General Appraisal License is required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to sit, stand, or walk for 6-8hrs per day.
- Ability move from sitting to standing positions effortlessly, unless special accommodations are needed.
- Ability to type and operate a computer consistently throughout the workday.
- Ability to use headphones and earpiece regularly.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to frequently bend to file and maintain files.
- Ability to occasionally lift 5-10 pounds.
- Ability to travel through California.
E-mail your resume to email@example.com.
Be sure to tell us a bit about yourself and why you want to join our team. Looking forward to meeting you!